Thursday, July 26, 2012

Little Italy

Despite it's a vegetarian restaurant, Little Italy is my favorite hangout place when it comes to Italian food. The never ending menu, courteous service and relaxing ambiance and a great view of KBR park and Jubilee Hills gives you a perfect dining experience.

This place is also special to me for two reasons a) I was given my farewell over here while I was moving out of Google b) About an year back I had my first ever candlelight dinner over here; they have a small sit-out facing KBR park which can accommodate around 4 couples; trust me, the entire setting is very romantic.

Lets see what's on the menu: 

Starters: Spinach salsa (spinach leaves mixed with some special cheese sauce) served with think crispy toast, garlic bread, tacos and nachos with variety of cheese dips goes unsaid; recently I tried mushrooms topped with olive oil, lemon and some herbs - it was not like love at first sight but gradually I developed the taste and enjoyed it.


When it comes to pizzas I go with Mediterranean and Bombay pizza. Pastas I have my own simple recipe, which, the chef makes it with love. Penne or spaghetti, white sauce with lots of cheese, quick fried onions, usual salts and other herbs, and lots of sun-dried tomatoes and broccoli, a pinch of red sauce can also be added at times for look and feel; just make sure the gravy is really thick. 
During my last visit, I tried chef's special Mongolian rice and it was so yummy that I immediately asked for the second serving - yeah love at the first bite. 

Desserts: Without a second thought order for chocolate bomb, my favorite sweet-dish ever. I so wish if I can arrange for this in my wedding menu.

This review would not be complete if I don't mention that when the last time I went for their weekend buffet they gave me a complementary Mojitos, Cheers :)

A yummy 9 on 10 for Little Italy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment