Friday, July 6, 2012

Chutneys

Since the beginning somehow I managed to eat Dosas but Idlis could never go down my throat. One fine day, I was introduced to this restaurant called Chutneys; sometime during my MBA days. I still remember 8 in the morning we 6 friends reached chutneys and to our surprise, it was already full and we were made to wait for 10 long minutes. But when I had those melt-in-the-mouth Plain Idilis followed by Babai Idli, I could immediately do the ROI that waiting for 10mins made all the sense in this world. Plus that was the first time I fell in love with 'Idlis'.

After that for couple of months Chutneys was a daily affair, we went there for breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and dinners. I end-up trying almost everything in the menu, from South-Indian-Thali to North-Indian orange looking concoction of panner butter masala and from Chinese noodles, manchurian to cutting chai and all the fresh juices they served. My friends did find it strange whenever I ordered Chinese food at Chutneys, but guys trust me on this South Indian Chinese has it own unique yummy taste.

My recommendations: Ok this is a tough one, I may end-up writing everything in the menu but still let's see. MLA Pesarattu dosa, Chiranjeevi steamed dosa, Guntur Idli, value-for-money South-Indian and North-Indian-thali. A write-up/ review on chutneys would be incomplete if I don't mention about the world's most yummiest sambhar and the assortment of four chutneys including the new corn chutney they have recently added.

In last 5 years they have expanded and now have joints all over the town. I am sure today Chutneys figures on the list of must-visit-places of every new Hyderabadi in town. Thanks to their menu and consistent quality.

Without a second thought its 9 on 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment