Wednesday, July 11, 2012

100 Degrees



Although its not 10 on 10 but it still remains one of my favourite restaurants. I don't even remember the number-of-time I would have visited this place in last 5 years. Lets see, what brings me back to this place time and again.

A) The layout: a lovely terrace sit-out facing Hussain sagar lake. Sit-out is called 'the beach' probably because of the set-up and shingled floor. They have other interesting seating options like indoor dome-shaped area for buffet and bar; cozy private dining rooms which are see-through facing the terrace.

B) The food: I am totally in love with the menu, specially the Sizzlers, by now I would have tried all the non-veg sizzlers in the menu. I am not a big fan of their buffet-spread its good but nothing out-standing about it.

My recommendations:
- You must try out Guava passion, one refreshing welcome drink.
- Veggies: go for tex-mex sizzler or 100 degree vegetable sizzler its a safe bet for the first timers. Mushroom lovers must try Mushroom delight. Grilled vegetables and pasta salad in starters - basket of breads served with the salad is just perfect.
- Non-veggies: the menu is Pandora's box but my top pick would be Cajun chicken sizzler and Lamb shashlik sizzler. My all time favorite was chicken-sausage-sizzler which is no more in the menu for about an year now.
- Before you close for the day do call for La Tiramisu.

Now, let me tell you why this place is not 10 on 10.

Like any other Ohri's restaurants it has great ambiance but yes unlike any other Ohri's restaurant it has great food. Where this restaurant fall flat is their service, which doesn't match up with the ambiance or food.

Couple of funny experiences:
- Once I had ordered for a sizzler and my friend went ahead with the buffet and while waiting for my sizzler I ended up tasting something from my friend's plate, and suddenly from nowhere this waiter popped out saying sir you can't do this we will charge you extra.. I was like 'Are you serious'!!
- Another time there was some terrace lunch party going on but we managed to get a side table on the terrace itself; till 15 mins no one attended us all were busy catering to the party.
- They had a practice of inviting people and give them discounts on their b'days; Even I received a call one day, but sadly it wasn't my day.
- Somehow the team fails to give you that 100% feel good factor.

Food, 9 on 10
Ambiance, 8 on 10
Service, 7 on 10

No comments:

Post a Comment