Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Buffet

Phone conversation..
Friend: Hey we have to go out for a complimentary dinner, The buffet
Me: okay! When? And where?
Friend: In next 4 hours, The buffet
Me: Okay! but where?
Friend: Yaar the name of this restaurant is 'The Buffet'.... 

Me: oh ok ok..

(We also invited my gf to join us for the dinner and we three reached the place excited enough to have a free dinner) 

'The buffet', the new restaurant in town opened recently opposite to 'Khan Saab' at GVK ONE. 

My first impression, a big hall, completely see through walls, a huge layout, should accommodate almost 50 guests; interiors were good but nothing out standing. Manager at the main door was a 'Saadi Surat'; I highly recommend them to have a beautiful looking girl instead, to welcome the customers. No gender discrimination but I am sure it will work for them.

Buffet spread looked really nice; as usual, I went to non-veg section first and was amazed to see some mouth-watering dishes and then I proceeded to the vegetarian section, they had equal number of veg dishes but somehow I felt something wasn't right. May be the selection/ combination of dishes.

Both non-veg starters and the main course was good! I was relishing on Afghani-chicken with some parathas and lamb-pasta-salad, and then I looked at my friends faces and they both looked disappointed. For their sake I tasted vegetarian stuff and trust me guys it was pathetic. I asked them to try Chinese noodle and kung-pav curry, which was like a life saver for them. Be it Pulaow or Dal mahkani or the Paneer curry etc. everything tasted below average! 

And then comes the most interesting situation of the evening; once we were done with our food waiter got us the finger bowls and the water was damn hot, so we called the waiter again and asked him replace it with warm water. The waiter dipped his finger in that bowl on the table in-front of us and said 'this fine sir, its not that hot.. We were stunned! like really!! R U serious.. He dipped his finger in that bowl..!!

Thank god it was a complimentary dinner. Or else paying 400 per head for such an experience was not worth at all. 'The buffet' just 6 out of 10, they earn 6 because the non-veg food was good ;) 
Someone very rightly said there are no free lunches in this world; today we got to know neither there are free dinners :P

I am sure with the over-all experience I am not going back again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment